Vauxhall calls direct marketing review
General Motors UK is reviewing its Vauxhall direct marketing account.
Vauxhall has called a DM review
The car manufacturer is expected to send out a request for information to agencies over the next two weeks as part of a statutory review process.
Vauxhall has worked with incumbent agency Draftfcb for the past seven years, after the agency won the account in a pitch.
Draftfcb recently captured the Hyundai direct marketing business from Carlson but the Vauxhall review is not thought to be connected and it is expected that the agency will consider repitching.
The Interpublic-owned agency has been responsible for a series of large direct campaigns for Vauxhall, including a push in 2008 for the Agila model that used the line "come and meet your new best friend", which played on the bond between a modern woman and her car.
Vauxhall’s advertising agency roster, including agencies such as DLKW Lowe and McCann Erickson, is unaffected by the direct marketing review. A McCann ad to promote Vauxhall’s "lifetime warranty" was rapped earlier this year by the ASA after consumer complaints that it was misleading.
The brand was one of the first to suspend its advertising from News of the World prior to the paper’s recent closure. The car marquee followed in the tracks of rival Ford and Mitsibushi to pull its press ads in light of the phone hacking scandal which engulfed the Sunday tabloid.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...