Plusnet launches Yorkshire Day spot
Plusnet, the Yorkshire-based broadband provider, is returning to TV screens with an ad to celebrate Yorkshire Day.
The 30-second ad to mark Yorkshire Day will premier during 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 at around 7.15pm tonight ( 1 August).
The ads will again feature straight-talking Joe and will introduce his dad, who makes his entrance driving a lawn mower.
The campaign will run throughout the remainder of 2011 to promote the broadband company's UK-based, 24/7 customer support.
Later in the month, Plusnet will run a 40-second ad for four weeks to promote the company's value for money. The spots features a rendition of Kaiser Chiefs' 'Ruby' performed by the Plusnet Brass Band.
The campaign was created by Karmarama and directed by Steve Bendelack. It was planned and bought by Maxus and Sam Walker was the campaign's creative lead.
Nick Rawlings, commercial director at Plusnet, said: "We've always been proud of our Sheffield roots. Our customer feedback suggests the 24/7 availability of our UK operations is popular so, we wanted to convey our local and friendly approach in the new campaign."
Walker said: "We chose to use a local theme and convey the emotional benefits of helpfulness and community that stem from this while keeping the character of Joe and the sense of Yorkshire we had created in our previous advertising.
"We have introduced his Dad after he worked well in radio executions back in the spring."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London