AOL closes music and sports sites
AOL is closing its music and sports sites in the UK to focus on Huffington Post and its other bigger brands, which are core to its content-led strategy.
AOL: shuts music and sports sites
A spokeswoman for AOL said the closure of AOL Music and Fanhouse would enable the company to focus its women and men's lifestyle titles, including MyDaily, Parentdish, Autos, Asylum and the recently launched Huffington Post UK.
AOL's decision to close Music comes just nine months after its relaunch, which aimed to deliver "high quality, magazine style values" to the site.
Over the past 12 months, AOL's content-led strategy has seen it launch and acquire a raft of premium content sites including, launching MyDaily and buying TechCrunch and the Huffington Post.
Earlier this week AOL parted company with its president of global advertising and strategy, Jeff Levick.
Levick had been recruited from Google in 2009, shortly after Tim Armstrong became chief executive of AOL.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...