Diageo invests £6.5m in premix push
Diageo is investing £6.5m in a marketing push for its range of premixed drinks as it steps up its drive to target the increasing number of consumers choosing to drink at home.
Diageo: £6.5m campaign for premix cans
As part of the strategy, the premix range, which covers seven brands, including Bell's, Pimm's and Archers, is to sponsor Geoff Lloyd's Hometime Show on Absolute Radio.
The six-figure sponsorship will target Absolute Radio's audience of 25- to 44-year-olds, to encourage trial and repeat purchase. The key message will be that a Diageo premix is the 'great drinks choice at the end of the working day'.
The drive, which begins on 5 September, will use quirky, exaggerated idents to illustrate how the drinks can bring 'style and excitement' to a night in.
Charlotte Brown, innovation manager at Diageo GB, said the sponsorship would 'help ensure our target audience is aware of this cost-effective and great-tasting option when selecting an evening drink at home'.
Later in the year, Diageo will run a dedicated TV campaign for the range, created by Dare, while a Smirnoff-branded TV spot will also promote it.
In addition, last week, the drinks company rolled out a marketing campaign for its gin brand, GordonÕs, under the banner 'Shall we G&T started?'. One of three TV executions, featuring Philip Glenister and Emilia Fox, will focus on the premix format.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Planner - PPC - Leading Consumer Brand Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Client Services Manager - Leading Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London