Randi Zuckerberg leaves Facebook for start-up
Randi Zuckerberg, director of marketing at Facebook and sister of co-founder and chief executive Mark Zuckerberg, has left the social media network after six years to start up her own company.
Randi Zuckerberg: leaves Facebook (photo credit: Creative Commons/nrkbeta)
A spokeswoman for Facebook said: "We can confirm Randi has decided to leave Facebook to start her own company. We are all grateful for her important service."
Facebook was unable to provide further details of her plans. However All Things Digital reported that she is setting up her own consultancy to help media companies with social media initiatives.
Randi Zuckerberg wrote it was "the perfect time" to leave the company to focus on the "exciting trends underway in the media industry", in a resignation later addressed to Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer at Facebook, Elliot Schrage, vice-president of global communications, marketing and public policy, and seen by All Things Digital,
She said: "I have spent my years at Facebook pouring my heart and soul into innovating and pushing the media industry forward by introducing new concepts around live, social, participatory viewing that the media industry has since adopted.
"We have made incredible progress, but there is still much to be done and other ways I can affect change."
According to her resignation letter the new company will be called RtoZ Media.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...