Sky Go and ITV head BR app chart
It's a television one-two in this week's BR branded app chart with Sky's new live TV service Go claiming the top spot ahead of the ITV Player app.
Sky Go: tops the BR app chart
Sky Go, which has been backed by an ad campaign, gives subscribers to Sky Sports 1 and 2 the ability to watch live and on-demand content on the channels for free.
The popularity of the two apps - ITV Player now having spent five weeks in the top five – provides ammunitiion for those who argue television's power is intact in the digital age.
But social networking is also a powerful draw, with chart regular Facebook now joined by Google+, which has slipped to number five since debuting last week at number three.
And the new wave of deals services are keeping iPhone users interested, with Groupon climbing seven places and O2 Priority Moments spending a third week in the chart.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London