Sky Go and ITV head BR app chart
It's a television one-two in this week's BR branded app chart with Sky's new live TV service Go claiming the top spot ahead of the ITV Player app.
Sky Go: tops the BR app chart
Sky Go, which has been backed by an ad campaign, gives subscribers to Sky Sports 1 and 2 the ability to watch live and on-demand content on the channels for free.
The popularity of the two apps - ITV Player now having spent five weeks in the top five – provides ammunitiion for those who argue television's power is intact in the digital age.
But social networking is also a powerful draw, with chart regular Facebook now joined by Google+, which has slipped to number five since debuting last week at number three.
And the new wave of deals services are keeping iPhone users interested, with Groupon climbing seven places and O2 Priority Moments spending a third week in the chart.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior Copywriter - Tone of Voice, Ethical Brand ADLIB £30k-35k, Bristol
- Freelance Creative Artworkers Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London