Wallpaper magazine celebrates 15 years in the business
IPC Media's Wallpaper magazine is publishing its 15th birthday edition, which has attracted 60% higher advertising revenues year on year.
Six brands – Fendi, Debeers, Stone Island, Technomarine, Bosch and Hunter– have signed up to advertise for the first time in the celebratory edition of the design and lifestyle title, out today (11 August).
IPC Media said the souvenir edition has attracted a 22% increase in advertisers.
But menswear designer Dunhill, who will also have three double-page print ads in the magazine, owns all advertising in the accompanying iPad edition.
The magazine's 15th birthday edition will feature a list of the 150 individuals who have flourished creatively in the past 15 years, as chosen by Twitter users.
Among those selected are Jamie Oliver, David Beckham and 2012 Olympic torch designers Barber Osgerby.
Wallpaper will also reopen its Twitter vote today for followers to vote for anyone they feel has been undeservedly omitted from the line-up.
Tony Chambers, Wallpaper’s editor-in-chief, said: "The Wallpaper 150 is the ultimate power list of movers, shakers, shapers and makers. The individuals who've made our world wonderful.
"With the help of Twitter and our legion of loyal followers this list defines a decade and a half of design."
In April, IPC Media announced that Wallpaper would be its first title available to download each month on the iPad, starting with its August edition.
Wallpaper was started in 1996 by Tyler Brûlé, a former freelance war correspondent. Brûlé published four editions before selling a majority stake to Time Inc – the parent company of IPC Media – for £1m.
Brûlé stayed on at the magazine as editorial director until 2002 when he clashed with publisher IPC.
Taking Wink, a branding division evolved at Wallpaper with him, Brûlé launched men’s news and culture monthly magazine Monocle in February 2007, where he remains editor-in-chief and chairman.
Wallpaper has a monthly circulation of 108,250 according to the latest ABC numbers, representing a 3.1% cilmb year on year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...