Google+ moves into gaming with Angry Birds
Google is stepping up its rivalry with Facebook by moving into social gaming and installing a games page on the newly launched Google+, featuring Rovio's popular Angry Birds.
Angry Birds: now available to play on Google+
Google announced in a blog post yesterday that it had begun rolling out a games button at the top of users’ streams, with 16 social games to play, including Zynga Poker, Zombie Lane and Sudoko.
Users can invite contacts from their "circles" to play games online together, while the page stores gaming data, so they can easily share their scores.
Vic Gundotra, senior vice-president of engineering at Google, said: "The experiences we have together are just as important to our relationships. We want to make playing games online just as fun, and just as meaningful, as playing in real life."
Just hours after Google announced the new feature, Facebook unveiled a number of updates for Facebook games, including a Game Ticker, which transforms the Facebook Chat column into a newsfeed of their friends’ gaming activity.
Google+, which launched at the start of July as an invitation-only service, attracted 20 million visitors to the site in its first three weeks, according to ComScore data.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...