Betfair launches 90s Ferrero Rocher ad spoof
Betfair, the online betting site, has launched a viral campaign creating a pastiche of the classic 90's Ferrero Rocher ad, starring sporting heroes.
The online campaign, created by Big Al's Creative Emporium, features cricketer Michael Vaughan, footballer Lee Dixon, horse trainer Paul Nicholls and rugby presenter Will Greenwood as the "ambassadors" of the party.
The ad plays on the 1990’s classic Ferrero Rocher's ad, famed for its line "Ambassador, with this Rocher you are really spoiling us".
The Betfair ad features the same ambassador’s party, except the Ferrero Rocher chocolates have been replaced by betting balls with tip-offs in the middle. One of the female partygoers says in a European accent, "Oh Ambassador Dixon, with these delicious football insights you are really spoiling us".
When asked how good his rugby insights are, "Ambassador Greenwood" replies in his broad Yorkshire accent "Excellente". The strapline reads "Enjoy the reception at Betfair.com".
The ad was directed by Matt Lipsey. The production company was Tantrum and the ad was produced by Ali Fraser.
Betfair introduced its four brand ambassadors and ended its relationship with FC Barcelona after two years, earlier this month. The sports stars have signed up to front Betfair ads for the next year.
Earlier this week, the online sports betting provider placed QR codes on the bikini bottoms of two beach volleyball sportswomen, in a bid to sign up new customers at the test Olympic beach volleyball tournament.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Midweight Front End Developer- salary up to £35k Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...