Buddy Media raises $54m for expansion
Buddy Media, the WPP-backed US start-up used by ad agencies and companies to manage their Facebook pages and campaigns, is set for further expansion after raising $54m (£33.9m).
Buddy Media: raises $54m
Buddy Media opened its European headquarters in London in July. It plans to use the funding, which was led by venture capital firm GGV Capital, to acquire other start-ups and expand worldwide.
Last year, WPP invested $5m into the group, with the aim of improving its clients' engagement with Facebook users and allowing them to integrate Facebook-targeted marketing into their campaigns.
WPP has not participated in the latest round of funding.
Buddy Media launched in the US in 2007 and claims to manage social media for eight of the world's top 10 global advertisers, with clients including Nivea, Bacardi, All Saints and Mercedes Benz.
In May, the company also bought Spinback, a start-up that measures how social networks drive ecommerce sales.
Institutional Venture Partners, Bay Partners and Insight Venture Partners were also involved in the recent funding.
Alongside WPP, Buddy Media is also backed by Softbank Capital and Greycroft Partners.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...