Cartoon Network HD to launch in September
Cartoon Network, the children's pay-TV channel, is launching a high-definition version in September, which will be the first HD channel from Turner Broadcasting in the UK.
The Amazing World of Gumball: Cartoon Network show joins HD channel
Cartoon Network HD will launch on the BSkyB platform on 14 September ahead of the channel’s 18th birthday on 17 September. The channel's shows will include 'Ben 10: Ultimate Alien', 'Adventure Time' and 'Star Wars: the Clone Wars'.
Also available in HD will be the animated sitcom 'The Amazing World of Gumball', which follows the lives of a "regular family in the irregular town of Elmore", using a combination of 2D and 3D animation.
Anthony Lukom, vice-president and general manager, UK and Ireland at Turner Broadcasting, said: "'The Amazing World of Gumball' is a truly unique and visually ground-breaking series, which blends 2D, 3D and live action and it demands to be seen in its original breathtaking HD format.
"We're thrilled that that this series and many more will be available in HD from this coming September."
Other shows coming up on Cartoon Network include a new version of the 1980s series 'Thundercats', as well as adventure series such as 'Transformers Prime', 'Battle Force 5' and 'Bakugan Gundalian Invaders'.
Turner Broadcasting's stable of commercial children's brands also include Boomerang, Cartoonito and CN Too.
A spokeswoman for the broadcaster said it was always in active discussions with Virgin Media and could look at launching Cartoon Network HD on the Virgin Media platform "further down the line".
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London