Cheestrings to push health credentials
Cheestrings, the Kerry Foods-owned cheese snack brand, is launching a £1.5m campaign to target mothers and highlight the brand's calcium content.
Mr Strings: last seen in 2010 Cheestrings Spaghetti ad
The campaign, created by Fallon, breaks on 22 August and will run until the end of September. It features a TV ad supported by digital activity.
The activity is intended to reach mums during the September "back to school" period.
The ad brings back Mr Strings, the Cheestrings character created by Fallon in 2009, in a series of clips spliced together and set to a 1970s-style music track, intended to emulate the character’s "playful" nature.
Phil Chapman, chief marketing officer at Kerry Foods UK, said: "Mr Strings is hugely popular with mums, so we wanted to have a little fun with him by making him the star of a '70s 'Dallas-esque' ad. We think it works really well to both capture the attention of mums and drive home the message about calcium."
The Mr Strings character last appeared on screens in September 2010, in a TV ad supporting a new product variant, Cheestrings Spaghetti.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...