Arena picks up Brightsolid media account
Brightsolid, the owner of the social network brands Friends Reunited, Friends Reunited Dating and Genes Reunited, has appointed Arena Media to handle its media planning and buying account.
Friends Reunited: Brightsolid is looking to build awareness
Arena won the business after a competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies. The previous incumbent, Manning Gottlieb OMD, did not repitch for the business. Arena Media will handle planning and buying across both offline and online display activity.
Brightsolid is looking to build awareness of the sites, which it acquired from ITV for £25 million. ITV paid £175 million for the brands in 2005.
The deal brought together Genes Reunited and Brightsolid's family history brands findmypast.com and ScotlandsPeople. The company, launched in 2005 as a subsidiary of the Beano publisher DC Thomson, also has sites overseas such as the Australian portal findmypast.au.
Elastic Creative, the Edinburgh-based agency, handles all the creative work for the Brightsolid brands and is unaffected by the appointment of Arena.
John Robertson, the sales and marketing director at Brightsolid Online Publishing, said: "Arena understood how to reach our target audiences efficiently, with a flexible trading model and a strong set of analytic tools."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London