Arena picks up Brightsolid media account
Brightsolid, the owner of the social network brands Friends Reunited, Friends Reunited Dating and Genes Reunited, has appointed Arena Media to handle its media planning and buying account.
Friends Reunited: Brightsolid is looking to build awareness
Arena won the business after a competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies. The previous incumbent, Manning Gottlieb OMD, did not repitch for the business. Arena Media will handle planning and buying across both offline and online display activity.
Brightsolid is looking to build awareness of the sites, which it acquired from ITV for £25 million. ITV paid £175 million for the brands in 2005.
The deal brought together Genes Reunited and Brightsolid's family history brands findmypast.com and ScotlandsPeople. The company, launched in 2005 as a subsidiary of the Beano publisher DC Thomson, also has sites overseas such as the Australian portal findmypast.au.
Elastic Creative, the Edinburgh-based agency, handles all the creative work for the Brightsolid brands and is unaffected by the appointment of Arena.
John Robertson, the sales and marketing director at Brightsolid Online Publishing, said: "Arena understood how to reach our target audiences efficiently, with a flexible trading model and a strong set of analytic tools."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...