VisitBritain puts riots behind it and resumes 'You're Invited' campaign
VisitBritain, the national tourism board, has resumed its digital marketing activity with the BBC for its £100m 'You're Invited' global campaign, following a 10-day suspension caused by the riots in England.
London Riots: scenes like this prompted VisitBritain to suspend its ads
VisitBritain has confirmed that digital ads for the 'You're Invited' campaign, which was pulled from the BBC's international news site and BBC iPlayer on 9 August, is back up and running.
VisitBritain’s head of marketing Joss Croft told Marketing last week that it was pulling the ads from the BBC channels as they were "no longer appropriate" while the London riots were taking place.
Croft said at the time: "The message of the TV ad is very much around 'welcome' and it is an important strategy that is still sound, but timing is what we need to keep an eye on."
London & Partners, the promotion agency for the capital, said last week that its marketing campaign is still on track for a September launch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...