Sony parts with Beige and launches pitch process for home electronics
Sony has launched a pitch process to appoint an agency to cover its range of consumer electronics products.
Sony: releases about 600 products a year
The brief is currently held by Beige, which has decided not to re-pitch, blaming differences between the two companies. Beige has held the brief for three years, winning it when it was named Borkowski PR.
The fees are thought to be about £250,000 a year.
Sony UK head of PR Lucie Speciale told PRWeek: ‘As part of our PR efforts, we continuously review our agencies. For this reason, after three years, we are launching a pitch process.’
Beige director Emeka Njodi said: ‘The decision was taken not to re-pitch as we felt that we are both in different places culturally.
‘The agency has achieved some great things with the account and Sony is a good brand, but it is important to move forward and focus on the future.’
The brief covers all of the Japanese electronics giant’s products that do not include mobile phones, PlayStation or professional equipment. The brief includes televisions, hi-fis and camcorders. The company releases about 600 consumer products a year.
Sony is understood to be at creds stage and has not yet drawn together a pitch list.
It was revealed last week that Sony is set to release the world’s first digital binocular set in November.
The PR search does not affect any other parts of Sony’s PR business. Sony uses Bite Communications for its pan-European business, which recently helped the company to promote the first 3D production of the Wimbledon tennis championship. In addition, Marlin PR handles Sony's UK business to business account.
In June, Shine Communications was appointed by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe to work as international hub for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Network and upcoming software releases.
Borkowski PR was renamed Beige in April, after founder Mark Borkowski split with the agency. It is led by MD Larry Franks.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...