Caffè Nero to offer free Wi-Fi with The Cloud
Caffè Nero has signed a deal with BSkyB-owned public Wi-Fi provider The Cloud to offer free wireless internet access in its 450 coffee shops from September.
Caffè Nero: teams up with The Cloud to offer customers free Wi-Fi access
The coffee shop chain currently provides internet access through BT Openzone, which charges customers to surf the web. The tie-up with The Cloud means Caffè Nero will now offer free internet, alongside rivals Pret a Manger and Eat.
The Cloud was bought by Sky in January and has since signed a number of deals with partners, including the restaurant chain Pizza Express in June, and Nintendo (The Cloud’s first content partner) earlier this month.
Shane Moates, head of business development at Caffè Nero, said: "Our customers expect a premium espresso-based coffee experience at Caffè Nero and the Wi-Fi experience they receive should match this level of quality.
"Having a strong, fast and reliable internet connection is important to our customers and helps integrate Caffè Nero into the local community as a neighbourhood gathering spot.
A spokeswoman for The Cloud refused to comment on the financial details of its arrangement with Caffè Nero.
Moates said: "We chose The Cloud because we wanted a partner that is dedicated to understanding Wi-Fi, with a set service-level agreement in place to ensure we receive the very best service."
Sky bought The Cloud in January in a deal reported to be worth £50m. The deal allowed Sky to offer its customers easy access to Sky content on mobile devices through 5,000 public wireless hotspots.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...