Barclaycard hires Ben Padley as first digital chief
Barclaycard has recruited a digital director as it aims to bolster its mobile services and build on the recent launch of its contactless mobile-payment service.
Ben Padley: joining Barclaycard from Sony Ericsson
Ben Padley, Sony Ericsson's vice-president, global head of digital marketing and CRM, will join Barclaycard as its first global customer engagement director in October. He will report directly to Nina Bibby, Barclaycard's global chief marketing officer.
Padley will be responsible for 'accelerating' the brand's mobile marketing and helping it deliver payments for customers across a range of digital platforms.
Barclaycard unveiled its contactless mobile-payment service in May, in conjunction with Orange. The service allows customers to make payments of up to £15 at 50,000 stores by tapping their handsets on readers at tills.
It backed the scheme with a TV ad campaign featuring a reworked version of its 'Rollercoaster' execution.
Last week, Barclaycard tied up with Vouchercloud to launch a mobile reward scheme, offering customers location-based deals from brands including Shell and PizzaExpress.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London