Barclaycard hires Ben Padley as first digital chief
Barclaycard has recruited a digital director as it aims to bolster its mobile services and build on the recent launch of its contactless mobile-payment service.
Ben Padley: joining Barclaycard from Sony Ericsson
Ben Padley, Sony Ericsson's vice-president, global head of digital marketing and CRM, will join Barclaycard as its first global customer engagement director in October. He will report directly to Nina Bibby, Barclaycard's global chief marketing officer.
Padley will be responsible for 'accelerating' the brand's mobile marketing and helping it deliver payments for customers across a range of digital platforms.
Barclaycard unveiled its contactless mobile-payment service in May, in conjunction with Orange. The service allows customers to make payments of up to £15 at 50,000 stores by tapping their handsets on readers at tills.
It backed the scheme with a TV ad campaign featuring a reworked version of its 'Rollercoaster' execution.
Last week, Barclaycard tied up with Vouchercloud to launch a mobile reward scheme, offering customers location-based deals from brands including Shell and PizzaExpress.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...