Peugeot trials mobile affiliate ad tech
Peugeot is the first brand to trial ad technology that allows the use of QR codes and SMS to deliver leads via a new mobile affiliate network.
David Fieldhouse: Linking Mobile co-founder and former MediaCom head of mobile
The car manufacturer has worked with start-up Linking Mobile, co-founded in May by former MediaCom head of mobile David Fieldhouse, to develop the campaign.
Fieldhouse said the company was aiming to "elevate the affiliate model" with the new technology and reach customers already using QR and SMS for offers and discounts.
Fieldhouse said: "Our mobile display partners have been generating leads for advertisers for some time. QR now opens up the affiliate model to traditional media owners which is very exciting."
Peugeot is the latest advertiser to work with Linking Mobile, who also count O2, Gamelogft, Mazda, Three and Groupon among their advertisers.
Alex Newman, head of mobile for Omnicom EMEA, said working closely with smart technology companies had delivered interesting results.
Newman said: "[It] has encouraged us to work with Linking Mobile to scale this solution going forward."
Alongside its global mobile affiliate network, the company is developing a number of new technologies to build on its mobile affiliate offering.
The company was founded by Fieldhouse, commercial director David Phillipson and chief technology officer Phil Jones to capiltalise on demand for CPA deals not available in the mobile market.
It claims to have delivered more than 15,000 mobile transactions for clients since its launch earlier this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...