Jigsaw takes on rivals in first major ad drive
Jigsaw, the upmarket fashion retailer where Kate Middleton once worked, is aiming to steal share from rivals Whistles and Reiss and attract younger shoppers with its first agency-created marketing drive.
Jigsaw: hired Publicis to ad account
The ad campaign will break across print, online, and in-store channels next month. The British retailer is also producing a Jigsaw-branded book, and will roll out experiential marketing activity at London's Bond Street Underground station.
The activity marks a change of strategy from Jigsaw, which hitherto invested little in above-the-line advertising to promote its brand.
The retailer has hired ad agency Publicis to devise the campaign, which is aimed at gaining favour with younger women, and reinvigorating the brand's positioning.
The ads were shot in Northumberland, and are themed on a girls' weekend away. Last year, the brand rolled out a press campaign with images shot by rock musician Bryan Adams.
Jigsaw was founded in the UK in 1972, and has expanded from a single store in Hampstead, London, to 46 outlets across the UK. As well as women's fashion, it also offers kids and homes ranges. All Jigsaw shops have a unique style and layout, with each store creation led by a different designer.
Jigsaw is also developing a mobile app for the brand, as it looks to increase sales through ecommerce.
The brand's profile was given a boost when it was reported that Kate Middleton had worked there as an assistant accessories buyer.
Other celebrities who have been pictured wearing the brand include the Hollywood actress Reese Witherspoon.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...