Jigsaw takes on rivals in first major ad drive
Jigsaw, the upmarket fashion retailer where Kate Middleton once worked, is aiming to steal share from rivals Whistles and Reiss and attract younger shoppers with its first agency-created marketing drive.
Jigsaw: hired Publicis to ad account
The ad campaign will break across print, online, and in-store channels next month. The British retailer is also producing a Jigsaw-branded book, and will roll out experiential marketing activity at London's Bond Street Underground station.
The activity marks a change of strategy from Jigsaw, which hitherto invested little in above-the-line advertising to promote its brand.
The retailer has hired ad agency Publicis to devise the campaign, which is aimed at gaining favour with younger women, and reinvigorating the brand's positioning.
The ads were shot in Northumberland, and are themed on a girls' weekend away. Last year, the brand rolled out a press campaign with images shot by rock musician Bryan Adams.
Jigsaw was founded in the UK in 1972, and has expanded from a single store in Hampstead, London, to 46 outlets across the UK. As well as women's fashion, it also offers kids and homes ranges. All Jigsaw shops have a unique style and layout, with each store creation led by a different designer.
Jigsaw is also developing a mobile app for the brand, as it looks to increase sales through ecommerce.
The brand's profile was given a boost when it was reported that Kate Middleton had worked there as an assistant accessories buyer.
Other celebrities who have been pictured wearing the brand include the Hollywood actress Reese Witherspoon.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London