ASA bans misleading Jet2 baggage ad
Jet2.com, the low-fare airline, has been rapped by the ASA, which has banned its TV ad for misleading consumers about services included in the price of an airline ticket.
The ad, created by Home, appeared on TV in May. It demonstrated the airline's services and used the strapline "Arrive happy".
It received five complaints that challenged a scene featuring two women struggling with their suitcases as they checked in while a voiceover says, "With a 22 kilogram bag allowance, you'll be able to pack, well, all your bikinis!"
The scene was deemed misleading by the complainants, as it implied the airline's baggage allowance was included in the ticket price.
Jet2.com said the ad promoted its services and benefits, and said it "did not imply" baggage was free.
The ASA said the ad did not make it clear that baggage allowance is not included in the ticket price, and banned it from appearing again.
The ASA has told Jet2.com to "make it clear" that charges are applied to baggage allowance in future advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...