Birds Eye asks viewers to 'give a bear a home'
Birds Eye, the frozen foods brand, is to give away toy versions of the cuddly polar bear that features in its current ad campaign.
Birds Eye: offers viewers the chance to get their own Clarence the Bear
Today (25 August), the company said that due to a "huge amount of public interest and demand", mini-versions of Clarence the Polar Bear would be made available through an on-pack promotion.
The latest stage in the Birds Eye marketing campaign, which has been created by AMV BBDO, will be spearheaded by a TV ad, which broke this week.
Carat has undertaken the media-buying responsibility.
The ad reverses the brand's usual scenario, which features someone unsuspectingly opening a freezer and finding a bear inside.
In the latest commercial, the bear opens the freezer to be confronted by a vision of himself in miniature.
The ad and the 'Give a Bear a Home' activity on the brand's Facebook page, tells consumers who want a bear to collect six tokens from the Birds Eye range of fish fingers and fillets.
Birds Eye will be hoping to emulate some of the success of Comparethemarket.com and its meerkat giveaway that featured so famously in its ads.
Clarence the Polar Bear – voiced by actor Willem Dafoe – first appeared in the Birds Eye '100%' campaign last May.
Use of the bear extends the brand's tradition of using toy figures to promote its products. In 2009, Birds Eye signed up 1980s kids' favourite and "saviour of TV-am", Roland Rat, to promote the relaunch of the dessert Birds Eye Supermousse.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...