Google TV to arrive in UK within six months
Google is to launch Google TV in the UK within the next six months.
Google TV: readies UK launch
The service, which is either built-in to televisions or available in a separate set-top box, will feature catch-up services such as BBC iPlayer and ITV Player, according to reports.
Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt is expected to reveal more on the plans when he gives the MacTaggart lecture at the Edinburgh Television Festival tonight (26 August).
A Google spokesman confirmed the launch but refused to comment on details of the service.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region