Birmingham's Bullring attempts to lure shoppers back after riot damage
Birmingham's Bullring, the city's biggest shopping centre, is to run an ad campaign ahead of the bank holiday to tell people it is open for business following the UK riots.
The Bullring: Birmingham shopping centre shows it is open for business
A fortnight ago, more than 200 looters broke into the Bullring with a number of businesses sustaining damage, including Jamie Oliver’s Jamie’s Italian restaurant.
The campaign, created by ad agency Isobel, will run in the local press and is a message from the Bullring to the people of Birmingham that life should go on despite the civil disturbances.
The copy is set is set against an impressionistic image and ends with the lines: "At Bullring everything is back to normal. As if Bullring could ever be normal".
Louise Hamer-Brown, head of marketing at the Bullring, said: "This advert offered a compassionate response to a challenging time for Birmingham, encouraging people to get back to normal and not be beaten by the incidents the city endured."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...