MTV Video Music Awards: Gallery
The MTV Video Music Awards received a welcome boost from Lady Gaga dressing up as male alter ego Jo Calderone and Beyonce announcing her pregnancy on Sunday night, attracting its biggest-ever audience.
Pop, rock and hip hop stars at the event included Jessie J, Justin Bieber, the cast from MTV's reality show 'Jersey Shore', Katy Perry, the Foo Fighters, Kanye West, Jay Z and Adele.
According to unofficial figures, the programme was watched by an audience of 12.4 million viewers in the US on Sunday, up 9% from last year, while it delivered 8.5 million viewers in the 12 to 34 age group, an increase of 8% year on year, according to Nielsen.
MTV said its website figures also had a record-breaking VMA day, attracting two million unique visitors, up 33% year on year, and 2.3 million video streams during the day, up 41% year on year.
The MTV VMAs also set a record for the most Tweets ever sent on social network Twitter during a single second when 8,868 tweets were sent after Beyonce showed her baby bump; ahead of the last record of 7,196 during the final of the women’s World Cup in July.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...