Sony Pictures signs two-year exclusive sponsorship deal with Cartoon Network
Sony Pictures Releasing International has signed a two-year, pan-regional sponsorship deal for Turner's Cartoon Network across the Europe, Middle East and Africa regions.
The Smurfs: first Sony Pictures film to screen on the Cartoon Network under sponsorship deal
The UK, France, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Turkey and the Middle East are among the territories included as part of this deal.
The distributor will use the sponsorship to promote nine upcoming releases.
The deal was brokered directly with Sony Pictures Entertainment in Los Angeles through the advertising and media consultancy arm of Turner Entertainment, Turner Media Innovations, which will manage all of the promotional campaigns with Sony’s agency OMD, across EMEA for Cartoon Network.
The deal means Sony Pictures will become the sole theatrical partner of the channel, and it is expected to expand across the Asia and Latin America markets.
It kicks off with recent release 'The Smurfs'. Films set to feature as part of the exclusive channel sponsorship include: 'The Adventures of Tintin': 'The Secret of the Unicorn'; 'Arthur Christmas'; 'The Pirates! Band of Misfits'; 'Men in Black 3'; 'The Amazing Spider-Man' and 'Hotel Transylvania'.
Simon Cox, vice-president of Turner Media Innovations EMEA, said: "Cartoon Network’s proven popularity with the kids' and families' audience makes it an excellent platform to promote Sony Pictures’ blockbuster film titles.
"The connected nature of our business across EMEA puts us in a unique and enviable position to be able to attract prized sponsors such as Sony Pictures, who are looking to us to add an extra dimension as they promote their biggest titles during the next two years."
Turner Media Innovations will create co-branded channel idents for each of the film releases, and, dependent on film format, viewers will see either animated characters interact with the Cartoon Network channel logo, or a live action film scene integrated with channel branding. Sponsorship activity will be supported with spot advertising on Cartoon Network.
Gina Kilberg, senior vice-president of International Media at Sony Pictures, said: "We have a tremendous slate coming up in 2012 and 2013, and are very excited about partnering up with Cartoon Network."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...