Reckitt Benckiser ploughs £4.5m into Strepsils activity
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is kick-starting a £4.5m marketing campaign to support the launch of Strepsils sore throat and cough lozenges.
Strepsils: Reckitt Benckiser ploughs £4.5m into the launch of Sore Throat and Cough
The campaign, created by EuroRSCG, will feature a TV ad supported by radio, digital, outdoor, PR and point-of-sale activity.
The new product contains two antiseptics and a mild local anaesthetic, Levomenthol, which RB claims relieves dry tickly coughs.
The existing Strepsils portfolio includes Strepsils original, Strepsils, orange and vitamin C, Strepsils sugar free and Strepsils honey and lemon.
Refik Oner, category marketing director, Health and Personal Care, RB UK, said: "With 10 Strepsils lozenges sold every second in the chemist channel we saw an opportunity to develop this trusted brand and the category further by combining efficacious multi-symptom relief in a portable lozenge format.
"We are really excited about the new Strepsils Sore Throat and Cough product which we are confident will be highly incremental for the category as it provides consumers with a unique way to manage unpleasant symptoms during the coming winter months".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, Uxbridge
- Online Marketing Manager EMR £40000 - £45000 per annum + Up To £45,000, London
- Account Executive - top agency, Liverpool Perfect Marketing People To £20k, Liverpool
- Graphic Designer / Creative Artworker The Workhouse Negotiable depending on experience , Swindon, Wiltshire