Young people favour brands involved in riots clean-up
Brands including M&S, Sainsbury's and Starbucks, which participated in the clean-up effort after last month's riots across England, are now seen more favourably by young people, claims a survey.
London riots: teens favour brands that helped in the clean-up
According to the latest UK Anxiety Index survey of 300 adults, carried out by JWT, 68% of young people between the ages of 18 and 34 feel more positive about brands that offered food, drinks and supplies to the clean-up operations.
The proportion of positive sentiment diminishes among older respondents, with 56% of those aged between 35 and 49, and 57% of consumers over 50-years-old feeling more positive about brands participating in the clean-up.
Over 52% of participants in the survey believe brands should better connect with communities by sponsoring youth initiatives and facilities, while 33% agree brands should promote "responsible attitudes to consumerism".
Last month's riots damaged the image of several major brands, with BlackBerry, Facebook and Twitter each suffering an increase in negative sentiment due to the ease with which rioters used their products to co-ordinate attacks.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...