Twitter UK ads on course for October launch
Twitter is finalising the brand partners for its UK-targeted ads, in time for the scheme's launch in October.
Twitter: readies UK ad launch
The paid-for opportunities offer promoted tweets, promoted trends and promoted accounts, which have already been available on a global basis through its US sales team for more than a year.
Brands pay for a tweet to appear in a user's timeline, to promote their account and to pay for subjects to appear as trends.
The ads users see will be based on their followers and who they follow, offering brands greater targeting opportunities.
Twitter has been negotiating with media agencies for a number of months as it looks to attract marketing spend from brands already active in its space.
It is understood to be offering bundled deals, with one agency source claiming Twitter is asking for up to a six-figure investment.
Shiva Rajaraman, project manger at Twitter, came to the UK in September last year, to demonstrate the company was actively engaged with UK marketers.
In the same month Marketing revealed the social network was in talks with brands including O2, Vodafone, Sky and Sony to become the first brands to use its UK ad platform.
Twitter originally signalled it would roll out the ads at the start of this year, but this proved difficult as it did not have a sales house in the region at the time.
In recent months it has accelerated its efforts, relocating Tony Wang from San Francisco to set up the office as general manager for Twitter UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...