Bell Pottinger Group names David Beck and David Wilson as MDs
The Bell Pottinger Group has appointed two new MDs to its public relations business.
David Wilson: promoted to MD
David Beck and David Wilson assume their responsibilities immediately.
Beck has been the Bell Pottinger Group's client services director since he returned to the group in 2009
Wilson joined in 2000 to lead the agency’s account with Emirates Airline. He became managing director of Bell Pottinger Public Relations in 2002, subsequently becoming its chairman.
The pair form part of a new management board with the Bell Pottinger Group’s chairman Kevin Murray, and Geoff Smith, who continues in his current role overseeing Bell Pottinger Group finance operations.
Current CEO Paul Bell becomes deputy chairman of the Bell Pottinger Group, with a focus on the firm's special projects business, reporting directly to Chime Communications chairman Lord Bell.
Lord Bell commented: ‘The promotions of David Beck and David Wilson are both timely and deserving, and will strengthen the leadership of our Bell Pottinger management team.’
Beck was previously director of comms at Marconi and also served as MD of Bell Pottinger’s financial public relations business.
Wilson, who has recently represented former News of the World chief executive Rebekah Brooks over phone hacking, was formerly head of comms for Pfizer UK, head of news at British Airways and managing editor of BATV.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London
- Senior Manager- Analysis & Insight Direct Recruitment £50,000 + bens, Cambridgeshire
- Creative Team Apple & Ink £35-£45,000 , London
- Global Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London