Kevin Spacey backs American Express social media push
American Express has launched its first social media-specific campaign, featuring actor Kevin Spacey, as it looks to raise awareness for The Prince's Trust.
American Express: enlists Kevin Spacey for social media push
The credit card company is encouraging people to discuss their inspirations via a dedicated Facebook page and Twitter feed. It will donate money to the charity for every inspiration shared.
American Express will also run 'Be Inspired' workshops to help disadvantaged young people get a job or move into further education, training or volunteering.
The initiative, launched by Kevin Spacey today (8 September), is based on American Express's wider 'Release the Potential' campaign, which was established in 2009 to inspire people to get the most out of their lives.
Lisa Gervis, vice-president, brand and customer management at American Express, said: "With this new campaign we are hoping to harness the power of social media to tap into people's passions and raise money for The Prince’s Trust, a charity which shares our belief in the power of the arts to motivate and inspire.
The campaign has been devised by MHP and will run until December this year.
American Express recently partnered with VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, to launch the 'UK Inspiration' joint marketing initiative.
As part of the tie-up American Express will be offering travel information and deals to its card members worldwide via amexnetwork.co.uk/ukinspiration.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Account Handler Live Recruitment £26000 - £45000 per annum, Birmingham
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...