Ikea hires former Thorntons marketing director Wright
Ikea has appointed former Thorntons group marketing director Peter Wright as a replacement for Anna Crona, who was the retailer's UK and Ireland marketing director for 25 years.
Ikea: appoints Peter Wright as marketing manager for the UK and Ireland
Wright is being given the title marketing manager, but will have the same responsibilities as Crona.
He will be responsible for all marketing for UK and Ireland, including advertising and digital communications and a CRM programme that includes a loyalty program of three million members.
He will also be tasked with managing 19 store-based marketing managers, handling marketing intelligence and overseeing PR and internal communications, including social media.
Wright, who joined this week, will also be a member of the management team of six senior managers developing the direction for the organisation in the UK and Ireland.
Wright left Thorntons in the summer after a restructure at the retailer.
Previously, he spent eight years with Tesco, initially as brand marketing director and most recently as marketing director, Tesco Ireland.
Before that, he worked for 11 years at Diageo with several global brands including Smirnoff, Gordon’s Gin and Malibu.
Crona left Ikea in July, after a 25-year stint with the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London