Ann Summers partners Towie to dispel 'negative' image
Ann Summers is attempting to change its public image by teaming up with ITV2's 'The Only Way is Essex' for its first-ever TV campaign, starring nationwide competition winners.
Ann Summers: adult retailer kicks off first-ever TV campaign
The television campaign will search for "the sexiest face in the UK" and encourages viewers to reappraise the company following a rebrand earlier in the year.
The retailer's first TV campaign has been designed to dispel preconceived ideas about the brand, which are often negative.
A spokeswoman for Ann Summers said: "We've been around 30 years and have got 98% brand recognition, that's up there with Nike and Apple.
"People know who we are, however I think they have got this preconceived idea about what we do. Some of the descriptive words used about us are quite negative."
Competition entrants will be whittled down to 12 women who will feature in a two-minute ad during the final episode of 'The Only Way is Essex' (Towie) on ITV2 in November.
A series of 10 idents will precede the ad, all created by an in-house team at ITV2.
The ad will shoot the 12 finalists in a sexy-Rihanna style music video. Viewers can vote for their favourite performer via the brand's Sexy Uncovered website, which was designed by its in-house creative team and developed by Fast Fwd Multimedia.
Visitors will be also able to click through from the website to purchase Ann Summers products.
The campaign ends on Valentine’s Day and the eventual winner will appear in Ann Summers' 2012 campaign.
Vanessa Gold, Ann Summers' managing director, said the two brands have similar demographics and social media engagement.
She said: "Ann Summers and ITV2 are a great brand fit and we hope this campaign will lead the way in transforming the way the consumer engages with us via our first ever TV campaign."
The deal was brokered by Goodstuff.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...