Comic Relief asks Lexis to promote Monkey merchandise launch
Comic Relief has hired Lexis to support the launch of a range of Monkey merchandise.
Comic Relief: to launch Monkey products
The character of Monkey, owned by the charity but most famous for his starring roles in the PG Tips ads with comedian Johnny Vegas, has become a cult icon.
Monkey was created and owned by advertising agency Mother but was involved in a legal dispute as ITV Digital also claimed the rights to the character. The dispute was eventually resolved in 2003 when both parties agreed to donate the intellectual property rights for Monkey to Comic Relief.
The merchandise will include Monkey teddy bears, posters, greetings cards and mugs.
Lexis will work with the charity to maximise awareness for the products around the Christmas period, with plans in the pipeline for further Monkey campaigns in 2012.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London