Sony Ericsson gives Xperia content focus
Sony Ericsson is embarking on a content-led strategy for its Xperia range, as it aims to differentiate its offering from other smartphones.
Sony Ericsson: Xperia content website launch
It has launched a digital content platform, ‘Xperia Studio’, created by LBi, to showcase the range. Artists, technicians and film-makers have been asked to create content using Xperia handsets, with the results to be added to the main XperiaStudio site.
The studio also has a presence on Facebook and Twitter, so that users can easily share the content with friends. Users can register on Facebook to receive a notification every time new content is added to the site.
These innovations include an app, created by scientist Dr Joshua Peek, which allows users to hold their phone up to the sky to see the structure of the universe, which will be available in the Android store.
Rather than opting for an advertising-led strategy for Xperia Studio, Sony Ericsson is looking to engage with its consumers directly through earned media.
It also aims to differentiate the brand through asserting its connection with entertainment through Sony, rather than purely feature-led marketing, synonymous with the technology category.
As part of the content push, Sony Ericsson recently appointed former Vodafone head of games Tim Harrison to the role of head of content and marketing strategy to work on the new approach.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...