John Lewis ups marketing investment with £23m pre-Christmas push
John Lewis is set to launch its biggest marketing push to date in the run-up to Christmas, to promote its 'Never Knowingly Undersold' positioning.
John Lewis: readies pre-Christmas push
The retailer, which has held back its marketing spend for the period, is increasing it in the coming months by 38% year on year to £23m.
On Saturday, John Lewis will roll out a £7m integrated campaign highlighting its 86-year-old "Never knowingly undersold" pledge.
The TV ad by Adam & Eve pushes the retailer's electrical products. It features consumers listening to pop songs through the decades. Artists featured include Sir Elton John and The Smiths.
The brand has already rolled out ads for its new store in London's Westfield Stratford City shopping centre, as well as its first marketing campaign for beauty products.
Craig Inglis, director of marketing at John Lewis, said: "[The build-up to Christmas] has always been our key period, but we've tended to spread our marketing investment across the year.
"It makes sense to concentrate later on in the year, as that is when we get our best returns."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Database Executive Haymarket Media Group Depending on experience, Teddington, Middlesex
- Digital Project Manager - Ambitious Integrated Agency ADLIB £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: negotiable salary, doe, Dorset
- Client Service Director or Account Director Adam Recruitment £40000 - £70000 per annum + benefits , London
- Business Development Manager (FS) Adam Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + OTE, London