British Skin Foundation unveils Rankin campaign
The British Skin Foundation is today launching a campaign, the first created by agency Beta, which has been shot by high-profile photographer Rankin.
The campaign comprises three images designed to show the discomfort people experience when suffering with skin disease – one poster shows a woman covered in insects, while another shows a woman with cracks across her body.
The ads use different straplines to highlight the difficulty of living with skin disease – "Make your flesh crawl? Imagine a lifetime of skin disease," "Eight million Briton’s feel trapped in their own skin," and "Some skin disease needs more than just a good moisturiser".
The ad campaign will be launched at the National Portrait Gallery this evening (14 September) at an exclusive viewing, before hitting national digital and print media tomorrow.
The campaign aims to raise money for the British Skin Foundation to fund research projects to explore and help cure skin diseases in the UK.
Bevis Man, communications manager at the British Skin Foundation, said: "We're all so used to seeing the more traditional images of beauty in the media, and the idea was to give this a bit of a twist, whilst conveying what skin disease can do to someone both physically and emotionally.
"Since the start (Beta), have been on the ball with what the BSF wanted to achieve, and, with the combination of those ideas and Rankin’s shots, hopefully we'll get there."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London