Channel 5 launches Big Brother app for Facebook voters
Channel 5 and Endemol have teamed up to create a 'Big Brother' voting app, which allows viewers to save or evict housemates through Facebook.
Big Brother: Channel 5 show launches Facebook voting app
The app launched yesterday (13 September). It is powered by Facebook credits which can be purchased through the social network's account settings tab or through the 'Big Brother' Facebook page.
Each credit amounts to one vote, priced from £1 for 16 credits. Larger bundles are available at a discount. The app allows users to place up to 500 votes per eviction while the telephone voting lines are open.
Channel 5 worked with iPlatform app developer and the show's producer Endemol to create the app.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director at Channel 5, said: "We are the first broadcaster in the UK to use Facebook credits as a voting mechanic.
"This fits very well with our ambition to retain the core essence of the show whilst adding relevant points of innovation which add value to viewers and potential marketing partners alike."
Channel 5 is currently airing its first 'Big Brother' series, after brokering a £200m deal with Endemol after Channel 4 announced it would no longer run the series.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...