Condé Nast college to offer Vogue-branded fashion course
Magazine publisher Condé Nast is launching a fashion and design college in central London next year, offering foundation and masters programmes named after its magazine brands, such as Vogue and House & Garden.
Susie Forbes: appointed principal of Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design
The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design will open its doors to up to 300 students from September 2012 under principal Susie Forbes, although an exact location has not yet been confirmed.
Its courses will include a year-long Vogue fashion foundation course and 10-week fashion courses, House & Garden interior design and decoration courses, and some MA-level courses.
Forbes, who has been editor of Easy Living for seven years, previously spent five years as deputy editor of British Vogue.
Nicholas Coleridge, managing director of Condé Nast, said: "Condé Nast is perfectly placed to enter the world of education. The reputation and authority of our brands puts us in a strong position to teach and inspire the fashion and decorating talent of the future."
Forbes will be replaced as editor of Easy Living by Deborah Joseph, editor of Brides magazine, who takes up the position from next month. The March 2012 edition of the magazine will be the first under Joseph’s editorship.
Jade Beer, who has been the acting editor of Brides magazine during Joseph's maternity leave, becomes Brides editor with immediate effect. Beer is a former deputy editor of Glamour.
In February, Condé Nast launched its own London newsagent, selling its own titles from the UK and abroad.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...