BT strikes deal with Disney for Real Steel film
BT has partnered with Disney UK & Ireland to promote the forthcoming DreamWorks Studio film 'Real Steel', starring Hugh Jackman.
Real Steel: BT signs up with Disney UK & Ireland to promote new film
The deal, agreed by Disney's new ad sales organisation, Disneymedia+, includes a film preview for the first time at the BT Tower.
BT will promote the event, including the film's theatrical trailer and behind-the-scenes footage, across all of its channels.
It will include a 'Real Steel'-branded area on BT Vision, on-air spots across all BT Vision and digital platforms, and social media channels. Viewers will also be given the opportunity to win tickets to the special screenings via competitions.
Jacob Ahlin, head of film at BT Vision, said: "BT Vision is all about bringing fantastic entertainment to our customers, and this partnership enables us to offer our customers exclusive 'Real Steel' access and content."
Bobi Carley, commercial director, The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland said: "The high-tech synergy between the BT brand and 'Real Steel', combined with the iconic backdrop of the BT Tower, has given us great scope to create a unique and creative campaign, spanning multiple platforms, and reaching a broad audience."
The preview will take place tomorrow (16 September) and will include an introduction and Q&A given by Hugh Jackman, and the film's director, Shawn Levy.
The film is set in the near future, where the sport of boxing has gone high-tech and features the character Charlie Kenton (Hugh Jackman) trying to make a comeback into the sport after being knocked out by robots. 'Real Steel' will be released on 14 October.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...