Channel 4 to pioneer video-on-demand ads
Channel 4 is to allow advertisers and agencies to buy video-on-demand ads based on demographic data.
Channel 4: plans to offer targeted video-on-demand ads
The move will be announced today (15 September) by the Channel 4 chief executive, David Abraham, at the Royal Television Society conference. It means agencies and advertisers will be able to buy video-on-demand campaigns based on demographic information such as age and sex.
Channel 4 redesigned its 4oD service last month to allow users to create an account and sign into "My 4oD" to access new features.
To serve targeted ads, Channel 4 will use this viewer information in conjunction with third-party data provided by the web analytics specialist Quantcast.
Channel 4 will offer new formats, including pre-roll ads, that will grow into a microsite within the player (Ad Bloom) or allow users to recommend or interact with a brand through social media within the player (Ad Social).
Errol Baran, the head of future and digital media ad sales at Channel 4, said: "Our creative suite looks to build on our proposition to remain the most innovative video destination in the marketplace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London