Neil Johnston departs OMD for Group M
Neil Johnston, the joint head of buying at OMD, is to leave the agency to take up a role at Group M in Ireland.
Johnston: stepping down as the joint head of buying at OMD
Johnston, who has been at the Omnicom-owned agency for 16 years, will become Group M's head of trading. Chris Amor, OMD's other joint buying head, is expected to oversee buying at the agency in the immediate future. It is not known if OMD will replace Johnston's role directly.
He will be based in Dublin and report to Bill Kinlay, the chief executive of Group M in Ireland, and will work closely with the managing director of Mindshare Ireland, Emma O'Doherty.
Johnston, who will oversee trading across all channels, has led TV trading at OMD since 2004. Before OMD, he worked at JWT as a TV buyer.
OMD is also in the process of recruiting a replacement for Jonathan Allan, previously the managing director of OMD UK and now the sales director at Channel 4.
Johnston and OMD declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Senior Brand Manager - EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, West Midlands