Ogilvy Group head of social media moves, citing agency model challenges
Ogilvy Group's head of social media Maz Nadjm is set to leave the agency to take an in-house role, as he feels he has been 'spread very thin'.
Maz Nadjm: social media expert
Social media expert Maz Nadjm, who has been named the most influential comms professional on Twitter, is not yet ready to reveal where he is moving on to.
Nadjm – who tweets under the name @mazi – said that he was moving on because he had found the agency model challenging.
Nadjm said: ‘I wanted to look for a new challenge where I can be a little bit more involved. Agencies with a lot of clients which focus on a head of social media – it’s a great move forward, but I can be spread very thin. I end up where I’m not being used to my best abilities.
‘You come across the same thing at lots of agencies. It will take a bit of time with training before agencies have more specialists in this area. The expectation can be a little high for any individual to cover.’
Nadjm worked as Ogilvy’s social media expert across ten of its agencies, including Ogilvy PR and Ogilvy One. He joined Ogilvy last October, and formerly worked as a senior online community product manager at BSkyB.
Nadjm was named the most influential PR person on Twitter in 2009, according to Edelman's TweetLevel tool, which measures a person's influence on the microblogging site.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £36000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...