Lads' mag Nuts tops men's website chart
IPC Media's men's magazine Nuts is the most popular website in the men's lifestyle sector in the latest round of Experian Hitwise UK Online Performance Awards, covering the first six months of 2011.
Nuts: number one website in men's lifestyle sector according to Experian Hitwise
IPC also bagged top place in the women's lifestyle category with its online-only magazine www.goodtoknow.co.uk.
Experian Hitwise ranked sites by their market share of UK visits.
Nuts was placed ahead of online-only offerings such as MSN's Him channel and IGN Entertainment's AskMen.
Bauer Media's FHM and Zoo came in at four and seven respectively in the men's sector, while Heat, whose circulation was down 21.7% year on- ear to 326,677, gained the second-highest amount of hits in the women’s sector.
Hearst UK's Cosmopolitan was ranked fourth in the women's sector, with NatMag Rodale title Men's Health coming in sixth in the men’s sector.
Charlotte Gunn, deputy editor of Goodtoknow.co.uk said: "There's some tough competition, but continued hard work from both the editorial and technical teams has seen our traffic soar almost every month in 2011. It's great to have that growth recognised."
IPC has announced a range of new investments into its digital offerings, including a tie-in with Procter & Gamble across the mobile websites of its women's portfolio, and a redesign for www.marieclaire.co.uk.
See the top 10 in both sectors in the table below.
|Experian Hitwise UK Online Performance Awards rankings|
|6||www.marieclaire.co.uk||European Magazines (IPC)|
|8||www.femalefirst.co.uk||First Active Media|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London
- Agency Sales Manager Digital Gurus £35000 per annum + double OTE, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Beauty Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager - online gaming account (3 weeks) Stopgap £150 per day, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection Up to £23,000 & benefits, West Midlands