Tuborg beer secures spotlight in LMFAO music vid
Lager brand Tuborg has obtained prominent placement in the new music video for LA pop act, LMFAO, after finding the film's director in a crowd-sourced TV competition.
Josh Wroe, a 26-year-old from Manchester, beat thousands of entrants to direct the Universal Music artists' pop promo after taking part in challenges, which included turning around a music video in just 24-hours.
LMFAO is an Los Angeles-based double act. Earlier this year their single 'Party Rock Anthem' topped the iTunes charts in seven countries and spent four weeks at number one in the UK singles charts.
The competition campaign, a collaboration between brand owner Carlsberg UK, Channel 4 and Bauer Media, was brokered by Fuse Sport & Entertainment (part of OMD UK) and Universal Music.
OMD handles the £100m international media account for Carlsberg.
After winning the competition Wroe jetted off to Las Vegas to meet the band and start work on his video for the band's single 'One Day', working with Tuborg, Universal Music and LMFAO members Redfoo and SkyBlu.
The music video includes Tuborg product placement throughout, including on a branded limousine and in shots of the band and party revellers drinking bottles and pints of the lager.
The film premiered on Channel 4 last night.
Chris Thornhill, brand manager for Tuborg at Carlsberg UK, said: "Both us and LMFAO were blown away by Josh’s creativity and ideas for the video, and are thrilled with the end result.
"He's definitely one to watch, and we are thrilled to have been able to give him an opportunity to work with one of the world’s top pop acts."
Wroe said: "Winning the Tuborg LMFAO competition has elevated me to a stage to work alongside major artists. Being given the opportunity to direct the new video with one of the biggest bands right now was an incredible experience, to do it in Vegas...well that was just surreal."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...