VisitBritain strikes four-year partnership with STA Travel
VisitBritain, the UK's national tourist board, has partnered with the student travel company STA Travel in a £2.8m deal that aims to boost the number of younger travellers to the UK.
STA Travel: student travel company signs £2.8m deal with VisitBritain
The four-year partnership between the two travel bodies will capitalise initially on the Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Games.
STA Travel joins brands such as British Airways and easyJet, helping to fund VisitBritain's £100m spend on its 'You’re invited' global campaign.
STA Travel’s part in the campaign will be showcased in designated international markets – Australasia, China, Japan, Russia and the US – to attract young travellers.
Sandie Dawe, chief executive of VisitBritain, said: "This agreement is an opportunity for VisitBritain to utilise the expertise that STA Travel has overseas and will help bring an added focus for our ‘Great Britain You’re Invited’ campaign in the all-important youth travel market.
"Britain is already a leading international destination for overseas visitors and our marketing programme aims to ensure we continue to compete and grow the value of tourism to this country, against fierce global competition."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- COPYWRITER - INTERNATIONAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northampton
- Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London
- Graphic Designer Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket