VisitBritain strikes four-year partnership with STA Travel
VisitBritain, the UK's national tourist board, has partnered with the student travel company STA Travel in a £2.8m deal that aims to boost the number of younger travellers to the UK.
STA Travel: student travel company signs £2.8m deal with VisitBritain
The four-year partnership between the two travel bodies will capitalise initially on the Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Games.
STA Travel joins brands such as British Airways and easyJet, helping to fund VisitBritain's £100m spend on its 'You’re invited' global campaign.
STA Travel’s part in the campaign will be showcased in designated international markets – Australasia, China, Japan, Russia and the US – to attract young travellers.
Sandie Dawe, chief executive of VisitBritain, said: "This agreement is an opportunity for VisitBritain to utilise the expertise that STA Travel has overseas and will help bring an added focus for our ‘Great Britain You’re Invited’ campaign in the all-important youth travel market.
"Britain is already a leading international destination for overseas visitors and our marketing programme aims to ensure we continue to compete and grow the value of tourism to this country, against fierce global competition."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...