M&C Saatchi 'confident' after 46% profit rise
M&C Saatchi's first half pre-tax profits have jumped 46% to £7.1m, with its UK office performing well amid strong demand for data and social media services.
David Kershaw: M&C Saatchi chief executive (photo: Phil Rudge)
UK pre-tax profits climbed by almost a third to £4.6m, after revenues rose 24% to £31.4m.
David Kershaw, M&C Saatchi chief executive, said: "We are confident about our progress, but conscious of any macro effects beyond our control in 2012."
The group praised its UK management for developing a "robust integrated offer" that clients were finding appealing and leading most of its international wins.
The data and social media operations launched in the second quarter were "very much in demand" and M&C Saatchi Mobile (acquired last year as Inside Mobile) was growing fast, with clients such as Wonga.
Global revenues were up by 24% to £71.9m, while new business wins during the second quarter such as Vertu, Google, Siemens, Lenovo and Pernod Ricard, helped take billings to £242m.
The group's preferred profit measure, headline profit before tax, rose 24% to £7.7m, while like-for-like revenue growth was 21%.
The international expansion, which continued with the opening of its 26th office in Moscow in March, is paying off, Kershaw argued, claiming a global network was now in place and the new offices were all "on course to be profitable by the end of the year".
The geographical breakdown showed that the Americas and Middle East divisions made operating losses, albeit reduced from last year, but Europe and Asia/Australia were profitable.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...