Sky becomes first brand to serve UK targeted Twitter ad
Sky has become the first brand to roll out a UK-targeted ad on Twitter, with a promoted trend today (22 September) to promote the new series of 'Glee'.
Glee: Sky promotes the show with UK-targeted Twitter ad
The micro-bloggging platform is set to roll out more UK-targeted ads in the coming weeks, with partners including Paramount Pictures UK, Eurostar, BT and Electronic Arts.
Tony Wang, general manager of Twitter UK, said in a blog post that this had been a "particularly good" year for Twitter in the UK, growing its active users by 95% since the start of the year.
He said: "Every day, millions of people in the UK use Twitter to connect to meaningful, relevant content in real-time, including messages from the businesses and brands they admire.
"Now, we're excited to make that process even easier by enabling UK brands who advertise on Twitter using our suite of Promoted Products, to geo-target their messages specifically to people in the UK."
Twitter first rolled out paid-for opportunities for global advertisers in April 2010, and earlier this year announced it would be launching geo-targeted ad products.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)