Sky becomes first brand to serve UK targeted Twitter ad
Sky has become the first brand to roll out a UK-targeted ad on Twitter, with a promoted trend today (22 September) to promote the new series of 'Glee'.
Glee: Sky promotes the show with UK-targeted Twitter ad
The micro-bloggging platform is set to roll out more UK-targeted ads in the coming weeks, with partners including Paramount Pictures UK, Eurostar, BT and Electronic Arts.
Tony Wang, general manager of Twitter UK, said in a blog post that this had been a "particularly good" year for Twitter in the UK, growing its active users by 95% since the start of the year.
He said: "Every day, millions of people in the UK use Twitter to connect to meaningful, relevant content in real-time, including messages from the businesses and brands they admire.
"Now, we're excited to make that process even easier by enabling UK brands who advertise on Twitter using our suite of Promoted Products, to geo-target their messages specifically to people in the UK."
Twitter first rolled out paid-for opportunities for global advertisers in April 2010, and earlier this year announced it would be launching geo-targeted ad products.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...