Barclays appoints Maxus to handle £40m media account
Barclays has appointed WPP network Maxus to handle its estimated £40 million international media planning and buying account.
Barclays has appointed Maxus
According to sources, Maxus has won a pitch against the incumbent, Walker Media, which pitched alongside Havas Media, and OMD.
Barclays, which approached media networks with a pitch brief in July, spends £31 million on UK media for its main brand and Barclaycard, according to Nielsen Media Research. It also operates in around 50 other countries and, during the pitch process, held meetings with agencies in various locations around the globe.
Walker Media, which is part of the M&C Saatchi Group, had worked on the account since 2006.
The review of the Barclay's media planning and buying business is understood to have been called by the chief executive of the Barclay's Group, Bob Diamond.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London