Blue State Digital snaps up Blue Rubicon's Rob Blackie as UK MD
The agency behind President Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign has swooped for Blue Rubicon's head of digital Rob Blackie.
Rob Blackie: Blue State Digital MD
Blackie, who has been at Blue Rubicon for the past five years, will take the role as MD.
Blackie will not only take charge of the agency’s UK-based operations but also take the responsibility of its European expansion plans.
The announcement comes a week after former Conservative Party new media head Craig Elder joined Blue Rubicon.
Before joining Blue Rubicon, Blackie advised Whitehall's directors of communications on the integration of digital into press office comms, and trained more than 500 government communicators on how best to implement these practices.
BSD managing partner Thomas Gensemer said: ‘We’ve seen Rob’s proven ability to introduce online communications for a broad spectrum of clients and we know his experience will be instrumental in BSD’s continued success in Europe.'
Blue State Digital’s clients include American Express, Ford Motor Company, Microsoft and Red Cross.
The company also works with political candidates and parties around the world and was behind the online campaign that helped Barack Obama win the US presidential election in 2008.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...