Visa calls in Hill & Knowlton to challenge 'just a payment firm' perception
Visa has brought in Hill & Knowlton's technology practice to challenge perceptions that it is 'just a payment firm'.
Visa: pioneer in mobile payment technology
Visa Europe, the payments business, wants to be seen as a technology company by both the business community and consumers.
The remit will also see H&K communicate Visa Europe’s commitment to invest €100m a year in contactless, mobile and ecommerce payment technology.
The buzz around e-commerce and mobile payments has seen start-ups and established companies challenge Visa’s foothold.
Visa Europe’s comms shift comes after the appointment of Hotwire director Eleanor Orebi Gann as head of technology and business PR.
She said: ‘In the past, Visa has not talked about its strong tech background and pioneering innovations around touchless and mobile payments.
‘I want H&K to help us promote that Visa gets this technology right, first time, so that consumers and businesses know our system is secure with all the fail-safes one has when using a Visa card.’
H&K technology MD Grant Currie will head the Visa account.
Visa Europe already retains H&K in the UK for its financial, consumer and corporate campaigns.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London
- Digital Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30 - £38 per annum + excellent benefits, London