Visa calls in Hill & Knowlton to challenge 'just a payment firm' perception
Visa has brought in Hill & Knowlton's technology practice to challenge perceptions that it is 'just a payment firm'.
Visa: pioneer in mobile payment technology
Visa Europe, the payments business, wants to be seen as a technology company by both the business community and consumers.
The remit will also see H&K communicate Visa Europe’s commitment to invest €100m a year in contactless, mobile and ecommerce payment technology.
The buzz around e-commerce and mobile payments has seen start-ups and established companies challenge Visa’s foothold.
Visa Europe’s comms shift comes after the appointment of Hotwire director Eleanor Orebi Gann as head of technology and business PR.
She said: ‘In the past, Visa has not talked about its strong tech background and pioneering innovations around touchless and mobile payments.
‘I want H&K to help us promote that Visa gets this technology right, first time, so that consumers and businesses know our system is secure with all the fail-safes one has when using a Visa card.’
H&K technology MD Grant Currie will head the Visa account.
Visa Europe already retains H&K in the UK for its financial, consumer and corporate campaigns.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...